- Pacific School of Religion prepares a diverse cadre of spiritually rooted leaders with the vision, resilience, and skill to create a world where all can thrive.
- Grounded in the rigorous study and faithful practice of progressive Christian faith, PSR partners with students of all backgrounds to deepen their spirituality and enhance their capacity to lead in transformative ways. Connected to a broad network of religious, educational, not-for-profit, and private sector organizations—with a particular commitment to the wisdom of historically marginalized communities—Pacific School of Religion offers an education that is marked by innovation, reflection, and excellence.
Pacific School of Religion is an interdenominational graduate school, seminary, and center for social justice. We are a progressive Christian institution that partners with the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) / Disciples Seminary Foundation.
In addition to these partnerships, PSR students come from a variety of faith traditions and communities, such as the African Methodist Episcopal Church, The Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, the Unitarian Universalist Association, Lutheran, and Presbyterian, among many others.
Percent of all students by race/ethnicity
Full-time vs. Part-time
Full and Part-Time Students
Full Time Faculty
Doctor of Ministry
Master of Divinity (with concentrations in Chaplaincy, Congregational Ministry, and Sexuality and Religion)
Master of Theological Studies
Master of Arts (with the Graduate Theological Union)
Joint Master of Divinity/Master of Arts
Master of Arts in Social Transformation
Certificate of Advanced Professional Studies
Certificate of Sexuality and Religion
Certificate of Theological Studies
Certificate of Spirituality and Social Change
Flora Lamson Hewlett Library
- More than 500,000 volumes
- 1160 periodical subscriptions
- 295,000 non-book holdings
- 6,000-7,000 new titles added per year
Doctoral Dissertations in the Past 5 Years
Women In Attendance
Graduate Theological Union
PSR is a founding member of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU), an interreligious consortium of seminaries and institutes in the San Francisco Bay Area and is a consortium of the largest theological faculty in North America.