Housing for PSR Students
Pacific School of Religion provides a variety of housing options to PSR students at a significant discount from prevailing housing costs in our area. In order to best steward the use of these properties for its educational mission, PSR has established the following requirements for students to qualify for subsidized housing:
To qualify for subsidized housing, students must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term and a minimum of 12 credit hours per year (3 and 6 credit hours respectively for Doctor of Ministry students) and in good academic standing.
The priority deadline for housing for new students is April 1. After April 1, housing is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Units will be assigned according to number of residents as follows:
- Residence Hall Room—single student
- One Bedroom—couple, couple and 1 child, parent and 1 or 2 children
Residential Fee Payment Policy for PSR Students
To assist students in making prompt payments towards housing, which is managed by Hudson McDonald and is subsidized by PSR, residential fees (rent) will be deducted from financial aid.
Financial aid will first be applied towards tuition and fees. Any remaining financial aid will then be applied towards residential costs. After financial aid has been applied to residential costs, any remaining balance can be paid by:
- Automatic debit (ACH) from your bank account in four monthly payments on the first of each month through Hudson McDonald. ACH must be set up for each semester.
Because of financial aid regulations, those who will be with us during the summer, residential fees are payable directly to Hudson McDonald by ACH withdrawal by the first of the month, June, July and August.
We appreciate your making payments on time. In order to ensure we can sustain student housing, failure to make payments on time may result in the following:
- The business office will put a hold on student account preventing the student from making registration changes for the current term, registering for next term, graduating, receiving their diploma or receiving any transcripts from PSR;
- Loss of housing; and
- Referral to an outside collection agency.
The priority deadline for housing for each fall semester is April 1.
After April 1, housing is offered on a first-come, first-served basis to students from the Berkeley area.
There is no guaranteed housing for Spring entry.
Email Office of Admissions:
Housing Rates (2022-2023)
For Residence Hall (Per Month):
Apartments (Per Month):
Effective March 31, 2022