Explore the Museum
Subscribe to the Badè Mailing List
The Museum circulates a loan exhibit of objects for use in teaching. The traveling exhibit includes artifacts and replicas from the original Tell en-Nasbeh excavations such as lamps, oil juglets, sling stones, and ceramic pitchers. Along with labels and display posters, an informative and entertaining DVD accompanies every exhibit describing excavation techniques and what we can learn from archaeological remains.
The Traveling Exhibit is not currently available for borrowing.
Daily Life in an Ancient Judean Town
- 16 individual artifacts dating between 1000-500 B.C.
- 10 display panels with photographs and labels
- Replica oil lamp you may light
- Information Folder
- DVD – Digging Up a Buried Town: The Excavation of Tell en-Nasbeh, a video that documents the excavation from 1926 to 1935 by William F. Badè
- Story Book – The Secret of a Tell, an 8-page illustrated story book which explains how a tell builds up over the centuries and how archaeologists excavate it
Borrowers pay a borrowing cost of $200.00 to the Museum, and are responsible for the return shipping and handling costs. These fees are to help maintain this program for future generations of enjoyment and we appreciate your support!
“Thanks for making this exhibit available. The Badè Museum provides a great educational tool.”
— Dr. Dorothy Jonaitis (CCSS – Loyola University Chicago)
“You have a fine museum with fine services.”
— Carol Kloss (Biblical Institute of the Diocese of Joliet)