Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
Pacific School of Religion (PSR) offers three payment plans to assist the students in meeting the costs of education.
Plan A—Full Payment: Payment is due in full by the end of the late registration period.
Plan B—Payment Plan: 25% down and 3 monthly installments.
- Payment plan application along with 25% of the balance due must be received in the PSR Business Office by the end of the late registration period.
- Student must not have any outstanding accounts with PSR nor have had more than 2 late payments in past semesters to qualify for Plan B.
- Monthly installments are due by the 15th of each month beginning the first month after the late registration period. The student is responsible for making such payments; reminder statements will not be sent by PSR.
- If the student makes adjustments to registration after the late registration period which result in additional tuition and/or fees, the payment plan installments will be adjusted to include such additional tuition and fees.
- Accounts with a late payment will be assessed a $10 non-refundable fee on the 16th of that month.
Plan C—Financial Aid, Scholarships and/or Stipends: This option is available only to financial aid, scholarships and/or stipends for the applicable semester.
- All financial aid, scholarships and/or stipends will be applied first to any outstanding balances due to PSR.
- Students who do not file financial aid applications by the deadlines imposed by the Financial Aid office and therefore do not have aid available by the end of the late registration period must use either Plan A or Plan B. Once aid is received, it will either be refunded to the student if all accounts are paid in full or will be applied to Plan B amounts due.
- Funds received in excess of amounts due for tuition and fees will be deemed to be used for living expenses and will be refunded to the student if there are no other account balances due or will be applied to housing expenses if the student rents from PSR.
- For foreign students subject to IRS 1042 taxes, an amount of at least 14% will be withheld from this payment.
- If funds have been refunded to the student and the student subsequently makes changes to their registration that results in additional tuition and/or fees, the student is responsible for payment to PSR when such additional amounts are incurred.
E-Check, Credit Card, Check, Cash, and Money Order Payments:
- On-line through Web Advisor by E-Check or Credit Card - Ecommerce FAQs and View Accounts and Make Payments
- By mailing check or money order to Pacific School of Religion, c/o Business Office
- In person by check, cash or money order at the Business Office.
- Any returned checks will be charged a minimum of either $10 or the bank fees incurred by the PSR, whichever is greater.
- Failure to make timely payment as described below may be cause for termination of enrollment for the semester and will result in PSR withholding transcripts and placing a hold on future registration until such amounts are paid in full, including late payment fees.
- If an account is not paid in full by the end of the term, the student shall pay any and all actual and reasonable costs of collection incurred by PSR. In the event that an action is brought by PSR to enforce the terms of this payment plan, the student shall pay all costs of this action including reasonable attorney’s fees.
|MDiv, MTS, CTS, CSS, CSSC, CST, CAPS, CSR, Special Student*|
|Cost per credit||$690|
|GTU Common MA|
|First two years
(full course load)
|M.A. continuing relations fee
(after two years of full course load)
NOTE: More than 12 credits per semester for fall and spring, and all intersession and summer term charged at the per credit fee.
|(See DMin program manual for more information)|
|DMin supervision fee||$53/semester|
|DMin extension fee||$215/semester|
Tuition by credit or course
|For PSR alumni/ae not enrolled in any PSR program
(a maximum of one course for credit per year)
|Auditors who are PSR alumni/ae||$125/credit|
|PSR full-time staff tuition||$183/course|
|Alumni, Field Education Mentors, Adjunct Faculty,
Emeriti, Employees, student spouses, and
special guests of PSR
Additional fees may apply for clinical pastoral education (CPE) and field education internships. Contact the Field Education Office at fielded[at]psr[dot]edu or 510/849-8261 for more information.
Tuition Refund Policy
- Before end of third week: full tuition
- Before end of sixth week: 50% of tuition
- After the sixth week: no refund
Students with federal Title IV financial aid are subject to the R2T4 calculation; further information is available from the GTU financial aid office.
|Application processing fee
(Applied to tuition if student registers)
|Community Association of PSR (CAPSR) fee||$40/semester|
|Information technology fee
(Supports student email accounts, computer room, etc.)
|Contextual learning fee
(MDiv students only)
(CPE or registered for 0 credits)
|Late registration fee||$100|
|Change in enrollment
|Leave of absence (GTU MA)||$100|
|Library/ID card replacement||$15|
Students enrolled for nine or more credit in any one semester must enroll in the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) Health Insurance Plan for Students (HIPS) or provide proof of health insurance that has comparable benefits.
The GTU HIPS provides one plan through Kaiser Permanente, a comprehensive insurance plan. Student dependents may also enroll in the same plan.
Eligibility: Any student enrolled for six (6) or more credits in a semester is eligible to participate in the GTU Health Insurance Program for Students (HIPS). Any student enrolled for nine (9) or more credits in a semester must have health insurance, either the GTU HIPS or a plan of comparable benefits.
|Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Annual|
|Student and spouse||$3500.70||$3500.70||$7001.40|
|Student and child(ren)||$3182.46||$3182.46||$6364.92|
|Student, spouse, child(ren)||$5091.96||$5091.96||$10,183.92|
|Health Insurance late fee||$35|
|Effective Dates for the Academic Year 2012–2013||9/1/14–
Room and Board
|Housing confirmation fee
(Due with contract)
|Housing Contract Cancellation Fee||$515*|
|Dormitory room and board, academic year
(Includes meal plan; does not include summer months)
|Summer Dormitory room (residents)
(Does not include meals)
|Summer Dorm Lockup
|Summer One Bedroom Apartment||$103 per day*|
PSR apartments (does not include meals)
|Block 25 dining card
(covers 25 meals in PSR dining hall per semester; required of full-time non-boarders)
Guest rooms (tax included)
|Private room with private bath||$82/night|
|Dorm room with shared bath and living space||$52/night|
|Block 25:||$195/block of 25|
(available only during academic year)
|Pet fee||$75/semester or
|Later or Missing Payment||$75|
|Residential parking fee||$70/month or
|Commuter parking fee||$7/day or
|Summer Session Commuter parking fee||$6/day or
Please note that most fees are likely to increase by about 6% each July.
Policy on Student Account Payment
1. Students with outstanding balances on their PSR account (tuition, rent, fees, emergency loans, etc.) who are not on a payment plan at the time of Early Registration in a given term will not be permitted to pre-register for the upcoming term.
2. Students with any outstanding balance from prior terms at the time of General Registration will not be permitted to register for courses.
3. Students whose account is not paid in full on May 1 prior to graduation will be blocked from receiving diplomas and transcripts.
Students with concerns about the effect of their unpaid account on their registration or graduation eligibility should see Patrick O'Leary (email@example.com), 510/649-2433)
Contact Business Office
Business and Finance
GTU Library, 2nd floor
|Student Payment Plan 6-17-14.pdf||105.79 KB|