Summer Intern, Interfaith Power & Light
Position: Summer Intern
Reports to: Operations Manager, CIPL Program Director
Location: San Francisco, financial district
Hours: Flexible, at least 10 per week
Organizing, outreach, writing, database, blogging:
- Update website and social media
- Work with California Interfaith Power and Light, including outreach to congregations
- Prepare materials for events
- When appropriate, speak at events on behalf of IPL
- Assist with outreach to campus ministries and other youth
- Update and enter new contacts into organizational CRM (online database)
- General office work: answering phones, filing, photocopying, mailing
Good communication skills are essential. Interest or experience working with the faith community and environmental issues. Basic computer skills such as Word and Excel. Web skills, experience with WordPress and/or using a CRM (we use Salsa) a plus.
About the Organization
Interfaith Power & Light is mobilizing a religious response to global warming in concert with our affiliate organizations in 40 states. IPL engages congregations through energy conservation and renewable energy programs, education and outreach, and public policy advocacy. IPL is working with faith communities around the country to become leaders in the fight against global warming. Over 15,000 congregations of all faiths are involved, in all 50 states.
Unique opportunities this internship provides:
Working the national headquarters of with one of the nation’s leading organizations mobilizing a religious response to global warming. Helping to improve our online presence and connection to youth organizations. Doing direct outreach and events with our California congregations in the Bay Area.