PSR’s Tradition of Boldness flourishes in the summer!
Summer Session 2011 wrapped up last week at Pacific School of Religion. During these six weeks classes, workshops, and events were offered to more than 250 students.
Summer Session 2011 brought together:
- laity, clergy, and seminary students
- professionals from nonprofits, specialized ministries, the arts, community organizing, and ministers
- PSR faculty as well as distinguished faculty from around the world
- a spectrum of learning, worship, and community-building opportunities
- engagement in progressive religious dialogue
PSR’s commitment to diversity and to engaged theological reflection were evident in the array of students and teachers, classes and events offered at Summer Session 2011, including:
- Biblical Hebrew
- U.S. Latino/a Theology and the LGBTQ Community
- Leading New and Renewing Progressive Churches offered in partnership with the Center for Progressive Renewal
- Ecofeminist Theology with Rosemary Radford Ruether
- Writing as a Healing Ministry
- Inner-Urban Ministry
- Visual Arts in Worship
- Experiential and Intellectual Studies of American Buddhisms
- Dance and Theology with Dr. Angel Mendez Montoya, O.P.
- Preaching Women with Rev. Yvette Flunder
These, and other classes, weekly lectures, morning worship, weekly receptions, and informal conversations engaged students with new ways of thinking about God, self, and the world for the needs of ministry in the 21st century. We hope they left with a new perspective on what ministry in our postmodern world could look like in each of their immediate contexts.
Will you join us next year for Summer Session 2012?