Youth Program Coordinator (part time) - FCCB
First Congregational Church of Berkeley, UCC, a progressive, welcoming Christian community, is recruiting for a Youth Program Coordinator to assist in developing, leading a ministry for the faith development and spiritual formation of middle school and high school youth.
Essential duties include:
- Mentoring and fostering the spiritual formation of youth, and taking an active interest in their lives outside of church.
- Working with the Minister of Community Life to recruit, train and support lay youth leaders.
- Working collaboratively to design, lead and attend weekly youth group programs, service projects, and special events (e.g., lock ins, field trips, conference youth events and camps).
- Encouraging and facilitating regular youth participation in worship. Working with youth to design and implement one youth-led worship service each year.
- Establishing and maintaining clear methods of communication with youth and their parents.
- Assisting with the planning and organizing of an annual week-long service project for high school youth.
This is a part-time, 10-month per year (15 hours/week, September - June) non-benefitted position that requires:
- A love of youth and a commitment to their spiritual growth and formation.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading youth programs
- Ability to serve as a positive role model for youth.
- Proven ability to develop authentic and appropriate relationships with diverse groups of youth and parents.
- Ability and willingness to talk openly about one’s faith.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to work collegially.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to be a creative problem solver.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Learn more about us at www.fccb.org!
No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here!
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Rachel Bauman, Minister of Community Life at rbauman[at]fccb[dot]org. Applications will be accepted until August 9, 2013, and will be reviewed as received.
Posted July 22, 2013