Youth Director, First Presbyterian Church of San Leandro
SENIOR HIGH YOUTH DIRECTOR - Position Description
- Provide leadership in ministry with Senior Highs
- Be a part of the ministry team at First Presbyterian Church of San Leandro
The Youth Director will be involved in ministry in each of the following areas:
- Organize and direct a weekly Christian fellowship gathering for Senior Highs.
- Worship regularly at First Presbyterian, and lead Senior High Sunday School on Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
- Organize and/or attend special retreats, mission days, Bay-Area rallies with Senior Highs.
- Organize and direct a week-long mission trip in the beginning of the summer.
- Organize and direct one-day outings/social events with Senior Highs.
- Encourage Senior High participation in all-church programs (Advent Celebration, All Church Retreat, work days, etc.).
- Be in regular communication with Senior Highs and their parents.
- Coordinate and encourage a group of adult volunteers working with Senior High students
- 15 hours per week (including preparation time and one-on-one time with students)
- Salary of $800 + $50/gas allowance per month, 10 months per year
- Start date: September 1, 2013
- Allowance for youth ministry resources
We prefer a commitment of at least 2 years in order to be most effective in this position.
The Youth Director is accountable to Co-Pastor Anne Swanson, and to the Session through the Christian Education Committee.