US Regional Coordinator, Sister Parish / Iglesias Hermanas
The text below is excerpted from the full job description available at this page:
Sister Parish, Inc. promotes intercultural and ecumenical understanding by establishing linkages between churches in the United States and faith-based communities in Central America. The linkages are based on direct person-to-person contact, with delegates living in each other’s homes and sharing each other’s realities.
Scope: The Northern Sister Parish staff person is a part-time position for Sister Parish that combines the functions of Administrative Associate and Northern Support Staff.
Position Purpose: To carry out development and administrative tasks for the organization, and to assist with fundraising and outreach. To assist in coordinating with and facilitating communication between the North American churches, Board members, other staff and communities located in Guatemala and El Salvador.
Supervisor: Sister Parish, Inc. Executive Director
Work schedule: Part-time, flexible hours.
Annually (especially between Nov and Feb) this position may at times require more than 20 hours a week to fulfill the tasks associated with newsletter/appeals. The employee will be compensated accordingly with time off. As such this position is exempt from the US Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA).
- A college degree is preferred, but applicants with significant relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Good writing and formatting skills for reports, letters, website and blog postings, and newsletters.
- Advanced computer skills, including comfort with Wordpress, Skype and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher.
- Knowledge and experience in database management (Etapestry).
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to keep records and maintain the US office with limited supervision.
- Ability to create basic budgets and to account for expenditures.
- Ability to work independently with limited face-to-face supervision.
- Knowledge of socio-economic-political situation in Central America and the US, as it relates to the position. Experience in Latin America a plus.
- Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required.
Please send a resume, three references, and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to:
Carrie Stengel, Executive Director
Position is open until filled.
Posted: September 4, 2013