Unity Church of San Leandro
The intern will facilitate our Enlightened Leadership program. The program consists of classes/DVDs, interviewing, and following up with participants. She will also have the opportunity to give the Sunday message a time or two.
A description of the Enlightened Leadership program follows.
Enlightened Leaders Visionary Statement
“There is great need of leadership under Christ whose banner is love.” - Charles Fillmore
What type of leader is needed to call forth thriving ministries in the post-modern world we live in? Research into best practices and experience tells us that the answer is Enlightened Leaders.
Unity Worldwide Ministry has created a visionary statement that describes some of the characteristics of Enlightened Leaders. This statement pulls together the ideas of leaders in the Unity movement, best practices research, and leading-edge thinking:
- Imagine thriving ministries in which all the leaders truly act from a place of enlightened consciousness. They embody and model spiritual principles and core values. They take the time to center in God with a daily spiritual practice that results in a confidence and calmness that permeates everything they do. They live, work, and breathe in the moment. Being an enlightened leader is just that—being. It is not only what these leaders do and how they do it, but the inner source from which they operate. Their leadership comes from within.
- Enlightened leaders demonstrate self-awareness. They listen, observe and process their own behavior and assumptions, and take responsibility for how their presence and involvement make a difference. As enlightened leaders, they build trust through their integrity and authenticity. While looking to what is possible, they move from a point of purpose rather than a point of view.
- Enlightened leaders draw forth the shared vision and mission from the collective community, then inspire and generate highly energized sustained action to achieve them. As leaders, they know that they do not need to have all the answers; rather they know to ask powerful questions and create an environment that allows the divine answers to emerge from within others. It is in the voice of the many or in the voice of just one that wisdom may be revealed. They listen carefully while remembering to give credit where credit is due.
- Enlightened leaders foster transformation. They ignite the fire of Spirit and creative flow within people, maximizing their capacity to grow and thrive. They act as the catalyst to help others remember who they already are. Enlightened leaders mine the treasures within others, and create environments in which others can shine and put their gifts and passion to good use. They serve as coaches and mentors as they inspire, guide and support people to find and respond to their inner call to serve and take action. They empower effective teams.
- Enlightened leaders seek out and embrace change and shift, and welcome the opportunities it brings. As leaders, they help others cope, engage, and flourish as they grow through transitions. They identify tensions and incongruities and guide their resolution. They facilitate shifts in consciousness and perspective which liberate people to try new things and together shape a world that works for all.
- Enlightened leaders serve in all sizes and types of ministries and are not limited to a certain age or status. They are youth, prayer chaplains, ministry team leaders, board members, licensed Unity teachers, ordained ministers, and everyone else who, through loving and abundant service, create the thriving ministry all enjoy.
Enlightened leadership involves shifts from traditional ways of leading. The Enlightened Leaders Program, part of the Transformation Experience project, will provide opportunities to explore those shifts together with others in your ministry’s leadership team, to deepen your ability to live Unity principles, and to develop new mindsets and skills sets. It will engage you and others in your ministry leadership team in both individual and team development projects that will foster a greater experience of thriving in your spiritual community.
Monthly Stipend: $100
Car Required?: Yes
1420 Santa Maria St.
San Leandro, CA 94577