St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Manteca -- Coordinator of Young People’s Ministries.
Job Title: Coordinator of Young People’s Ministries
Classification: Hourly $20
Supervisor title: Pastor
Hours per week: 10 -20 hours per week including Wednesday evening and Sunday.
The Coordinator of Young People’s Ministries works collaboratively with the pastor, staff and adult volunteers to coordinate, develop and facilitate young people’s ministries consistent with the mission of the church. This position encompasses ministries and programs for child birth through young adults.
- College Degree or college course work in progress
- At least 3 years experience working with youth
- Current knowledge of Christian education (United Methodist) and active church
- Basic CPR and First Aid Certificate (within six months)
- Candidate must consent to California LiveScan and criminal clearance
- Recruits, trains, supports and evaluates leaders for young people’s ministries
- Develops, coordinates and oversees programs and events for young people
- Mentors young people to be active participants and leaders in the worship experience
- Prepares and manages the young people’s ministries budget
- Provides leadership in outreach, worship, fellowship, Christian education and stewardship
- Other related responsibilities