Organist - St. Mark's UMC (Sacramento)
St. Mark's United Methodist Church in Sacramento, an open and affirming congregation and member of the Reconciling Ministries Network, invites expressions of interest for new position(s) in their music program. The present program includes individuals providing leadership as: organist, two separate choir directors (one at each service), and a bell choir director. Proposed scope of duties for the new staff member would include organist, choir direction, worship design, oversight and integration of the music program in both services, recruiting new participants, and audio technical management. Persons applying for this position should exhibit both a commitment to spiritual growth and a collaborative spirit. Listed below are main responsibilities for the potential position/s.
- Plays the organ/piano at 1 or 2 services weekly
- Offers repertoire of classical, traditional, and contemporary music
- Participates in special events/worship services
- Accompanies Choir/other instrumentalist in worship Services and rehearsals
- Participates in selection of music for worship services
- Reports to Music Director
- Part-time 10 - 12 hours weekly (salary commensurate with experience)
of interest. Preliminary interviews are scheduled for the last week in November
with interviews the first week of December.
The final candidate(s) will be selected by December 15 with a start date
Please send interested resumes and letters of intent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information call Pastor Alan Jones at 916-806-1000