Choir Director - St. Mark's UMC (Sacramento)
St. Mark's United Methodist Church in Sacramento, an open and affirming congregation and member of the Reconciling Ministries Network, invites expressions of interest for new position(s) in their music program. The present program includes individuals providing leadership as: organist, two separate choir directors (one at each service), and a bell choir director. Proposed scope of duties for the new staff member would include organist, choir direction, worship design, oversight and integration of the music program in both services, recruiting new participants, and audio technical management. Persons applying for this position should exhibit both a commitment to spiritual growth and a collaborative spirit. Listed below are main responsibilities for the potential position/s.
- Directs Choir at 1 or 2 services weekly
- Directs Bell Choir bi-weekly at Worship Services
- Ability to direct multiple or blended choirs in classical, traditional, and contemporary music
- Participates in special events/Worship services
- Recruits choir members
- Collaborates with Organist, instrumentalist and other music professionals
- Reports to Music Director
- Part time 10 – 12 hours weekly (salary commensurate with experience)
of interest. Preliminary interviews are scheduled for the last week in November
with interviews the first week of December.
The final candidate(s) will be selected by December 15 with a start date
Please send interested resumes and letters of intent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information call Pastor Alan Jones at 916-806-1000