Shell Ridge Community Church -- Music Minister
To develop and lead the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with the senior pastor, pastoral staff and Worship team in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
• Select and plan music for Sunday services and occasional special services.
• Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Senior Pastor and Worship Ministry Team.
• Lead the lay choir in Wednesday night and Sunday morning rehearsal and in Sunday morning worship.
• Recruit and develop lay musicians in the congregation.
• Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor and staff.
• Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
• Bachelors degree in Music or Theology (Masters preferred).
• Minimum two years experience in church related setting.
• Attested musical skills and competence.
• Able to be flexible and have and positive attitude.
• Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
• Ability in wide range of styles including Christian hymns and contemporary music.
• Ability to lead music in worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
• Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs such as a Christmas program.
• $200 a week which roughly works out to about $30/hour.
• One month off (typically August).
• Two week paid preparation time and two weeks paid vacation time.