Napa First United Methodist Church
You are invited to apply for the field placement position at the First United Methodist Church of Napa. The student selected for placement will be introduced to adaptive change leadership in a local church setting and may select from the following roster one or more areas of concentration for developing a Learning/Serving Covenant:
- Preaching: Development and delivery of sermons in either or both traditional / contemporary worship settings;
- Worship Design: using advanced state-of-the-art tools including Planning Center Online and Pro-Presenter Media Software, work with a team of professionals in designing worship settings and services;
- Pastoral Care: learn from our team of Certified Congregational Care Ministers who provide pastoral care assessment and delivery for our growing congregation;
- Age Level Ministries: learn from our Director of Children's Ministries leading our GRAPE Express Children's Ministry Team, our Director of Student Ministries leading our middle and high school youth ministry, our Fun & Fellowship Team serving families with children and youth, and / or our Builders Ministry serving senior adults;
- Evangelism: learn from our CATCH Team as it revitalizes the existing congregation and /or with our Fusion Worship Experience Team as it creates new places for new people;
- Mission: learn from our Guiding Coalition which launched the Napa Circles Initiative, our premier outreach ministry to assist people to move out of poverty; and /or
- The Vineyard Circuit: learn from clergy and lay people gathering to explore the vision of a connectional church living into one church on five campuses focusing on the revitalization of First United Methodist Church of Vallejo.
- Earthquake Recovery: learn from our efforts to fully recover, physically, emotionally, spiritually, from the August 24, 2014 6.0 South Napa Earthquake resulting in a $2 million restoration.
Napa First has enjoyed a long history as a field placement site. Many of "our" seminarians are serving UMC (and other denomination) congregations as pastors, administrators, teachers and chaplains. Pastor Lee Neish has said that it is a prime responsibility of congregations and clergy to "pour themselves into the next generation of church leaders." He experienced the power of field placement himself and is a proponent of the program. He is eager to mentor seminary students. We are a congregation that values field education and look forward to working with you in tailoring your objectives and experience to make the most out of your next academic year.
Monthly Stipend: $500
Car Required: No
625 Randolph St.
Napa, CA 94559