Napa First United Methodist Church
Revised description, 4/24/13:
We would like someone who will take the lead in the initial stages of development of the Circles program. These are some of the activities we expect in the first year:
- Identifying a community "home" for the program - either an existing nonprofit or a public agency. An alternative would be the establishment of a new nonprofit organization.
- Working with the City of Napa, Family Self Sufficiency program to establish an intake process.
- Working with churches and other organizations to recruit volunteers.
- Taking the lead on development of Circle Leaders and Allies training.
- Supporting the Guiding Coalition and Champions groups.
- Supporting fund-raising activities including grant development.
Napa FUMC has a long history as a field placement site. Many of "our" seminarians are serving UMC (and other denomination) congregations as pastors, administrators, teachers and chaplains.
Pastor Lee Neish has said that it is a prime responsibility of congregations and clergy to "pour themselves into the next generation of church leaders." He experienced the power of field placement himself and is a proponent of the program. He is eager to mentor a student.
We are a congregation that values the field education program. We at Napa First UMC look forward to an opportunity to serve again as a Teaching Parish.
Monthly Stipend: negotiable - currently $750
Car Required: Yes
625 Randolph St.
Napa, CA 94559