Music Director: Parkside Community Church UCC, Sacramento
Parkside Community Church UCC, Sacramento, CA, Seeks Applicants for:
Qualifications - The ideal candidate for the position of Music Director will:
- Have good communication and relationship building skills to maximize the abilities and desires of our choral department;
- Possess knowledge of both traditional and contemporary Christian music and the ability to perform same;
- Have a working knowledge of choral rehearsal techniques and conducting;
- Have the ability to devise new music programs in both vocal and instrumental spheres;
- Be available for services and to conduct rehearsals;
- Be a leader who possesses the skills and talents to enhance worship through the varied expressions of music bringing energy, creativity and flexibility to the program;
- Have knowledge of the musical copyright process;
- Have basic computer knowledge and general office machine experience.
Duties and Responsibilities - The position of Music Director will:
- Be responsible for music preparation for each service (specifically directing the Chancel Choir and Bell Choir and eventually helping to organize a Children’s Choir) in concert with the Pastor and the Worship Chair for a thematic worship experience;
- Coordinate musical ensembles for weekly pre-worship gathering and for summertime services when the Choir is on hiatus;
- Develop and maintain a music program that promotes joy and involvement in keeping with the wishes, needs and resources of the congregation;
- Include diverse musical pieces integrated into the worship services and programs, while not foregoing traditional music and worship styles;
- Participate in fund raising, seasonal and other special events that support the Church and its mission;
- Be supportive of the mission and values of Parkside UCC.
This is a salaried position that is budgeted to be compensated at $10,000 per year for 5-10 hours of work each week.
Posted Sept 23, 2013
If you would like further information, please direct questions to:
Sharon Erman, Music Search Committee Chair, at
or (916) 451-1904
Interested Candidates should submit their resume to be received no later than October 11, 2013 to:
Parkside Community Church, United Church of Christ
5700 S. Land Park Drive
Sacramento, CA 95822
Attn: Sharon Erman, Music Search Committee Chair
Please visit the Parkside UCC Website at www.parksideucc.org to learn who we are, and what we support and value.