Mills College, Office of Spiritual & Religious Life
The Office of Spiritual and Religious Life (SRL) at Mills College seeks to empower individuals to identify, explore, and critically reflect upon the ways they, and others, make meaning of their life and world. Students, staff, and faculty members are encouraged to recognize and strengthen their own personal spiritual resources to sustain their lives and communities and create a more just world.
SRL helps nurture spiritual and religious life at Mills through regular programming, annual events, supporting student leaders and faith-based student groups, connecting with community-based faith organizations, offering pastoral care, and providing ritual functions.
The seminary intern will have opportunities to:
- Explore the role of a one-person Office of Spiritual & Religious Life housed within the Division of Student Life
- Work with students in planning and facilitating multifaith student gatherings and large campus events.
- Assist in planning and facilitating small group meditation and reflection opportunities
- Offer individual support and pastoral care through connections made in a campus setting
- Shape one’s work in light of their professional interests and personal gifts.
Mills College is a small private, liberal-arts institution located in the Oakland foothills and serves approximately 1500 undergraduate and graduate students. Historically a college for women only, Mills continues this tradition today on the undergraduate level while offering graduate programs open to both women and men. Mills is also mindful that students of all gender expressions and identities pursue their education at Mills. This is consistent to Mills’ commitment to embrace diversity and social justice as key components of academic, co-curricular, and residential life. Ranked fifth among top colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report, Mills has also been named seventh among "Great Schools, Great Prices" for our high academic quality relative to the net cost of attendance.
Your own car is very helpful, although Mills is located on the bus line and a shuttle regularly runs between the campus and the Cal Berkeley Campus.
Monthly Stipend: $25
Car Required?: No (but strongly recommended)
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613