On Lok Lifeways Chaplain Internship
On Lok Lifeways is a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), serving frail seniors who want to live in their own home, not a nursing home.
We provide comprehensive medical care and social services at our day centers, and assistance at home with everyday tasks.
A unique opportunity for seminary and chaplaincy students:
- Diverse. We serve a rainbow variety of seniors from diverse cultural, ethnic,
and linguistic backgrounds. We have about 1,200 patient participants.
- Interfaith. Participants come from a rich breadth of spiritual traditions.
- Flexible. Students can serve at one or more of our 9 Bay Area centers and
satellite sites. A variety of scheduling options are available.
- Hands-on. Students work directly with seniors in one-on-one spiritual
counseling, and may also lead spirituality groups and other opportunities.
- Growing/Creative. Chaplain and Spiritual Care services are still fairly new
at On Lok; program development is growing and well-received. This
translates into opportunities to deliver creative new spiritual care services.
On-site supervision is provided by Rev. Jeff Bert, M.Div., Spiritual Care Services Specialist and Chaplain. Please contact him at jbert[at]onlok[dot]org or 415-292-8793 to learn more. Or visit our website at www.onlok.org.
CPE credits can be arranged with an independent CPE supervisor. Ask for details.