High School Humanities Teacher, Schools of the Sacred Heart, San Francisco, CA
Schools of the Sacred Heart San Francisco is seeking excellent candidates for a High School Humanities teacher to begin August, 2014.
Four halls of learning, one Sacred Heart mission, for 125 years in San Francisco: Schools of the Sacred Heart is an independent, Catholic family of schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. Our sibling elementary and high schools offer a contemporary approach to single-sex education in a vibrant co-ed community. The schools are organized into four academic divisions, each led by a Head of School, with a central administration and a shared mission, rooted in the centuries-old tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart.
Stuart Hall High School (Boys, 9-12) currently seeks a full time Humanities teacher beginning Aug 2014. The successful candidate will teach primarily Social Science (World History) to 9th graders, with a possibility of teaching 11th-12th grade Social Science and/or a section of English or Theology. The teacher will serve as a faculty advisor to 8-9 students.
- BA/BS degree (MA preferred, valid CA Teaching Credential is a plus).
- Relevant classroom experience (2 or more years).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both students and adults.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Social Science curriculum (proficiency in a range of Humanities from English to Theology to History preferred).
- Integration of technology into the curriculum and familiarity with electronic communication modes, including integration and supervision of a student 1:1 iPad program.
- History of collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning profiles.
- Innovative, creative, and flexible teaching style with excellent organizational skills.
- Understand the developmental needs of boys and how they learn best.
- Desire to actively support the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria.