Families’ and Children’s Program Coordinator, FCCB
First Congregational Church of Berkeley, UCC, a progressive, welcoming Christian community, is recruiting for a Families’ and Children’s Program Coordinator to develop, implement and maintain a vibrant Christian Education program for families, children and youth. Essential duties include:
- Assisting in the selection of developmentally appropriate curriculum that reflects and supports the practices and theological approach of a progressive Christian community.
- Recruiting, training, scheduling and supporting Sunday School teachers.
- Providing logistical support for teachers and maintaining a welcoming presence for parents and children.
- Maintaining and updating Sunday School attendance rosters and family contact lists.
- Drafting print and electronic communications for families regarding the Sunday School program, curriculum highlights and other families, children and youth ministry news.
- Recruiting, training and scheduling child care providers for Sunday morning and for other church events, as necessary.
This is a part-time,10-month (15 hours/week, August -May) non-benefitted position that requires:
- A love of children and their families, and a commitment to their spiritual growth and formation.
- Knowledge of child development or experience in Christian/Religious education and development.
- Knowledge of Christian Education curriculum and classroom design; ability to successfully adapt curriculum to particular classes and contexts.
- Deep spirituality and knowledge of the Bible.
- Ability to recruit, train, support and guide volunteers.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop authentic and appropriate relationships with diverse groups of children, youth and adults.
- Ability to work collegially as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven organizational skills.
- Basic MS Office skills.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Rachel Bauman, Minister of Community Life, at rbauman[at]fccb[dot]org. Applications are being processed upon receipt and the position is open until filled.
Learn more about us at www.fccb.org!
No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here!
Posted: December 5, 2013