Eden UCC -- Religious Education & Spiritual Life Coordinator
• Recruit and schedule church school teachers and childcare workers who implement the church’s religious education and spiritual life ministries
• Select and order Church School curriculum and purchase and stock Church School supplies, based on input from lay leaders, teachers, and the pastor
• Facilitate two to three Parent-Teacher gatherings per year
• Help coordinate adult education classes such as book-discussion groups, Bible study, and small groups
• Submit publicity for religious education and spiritual life programs for inclusion in the church newsletter, bulletin, website, e-blasts, and social media outlets
• Assist with Sunday worship leadership by delivering announcements, leading the children’s gathering, or leading a prayer
• Meet weekly for supervision with the Senior Minister
• Meet regularly with the Stewardship Committee and coach and support the committee’s work
• Meet, as requested, with the Education, Spiritual Life, and Outreach Committee
• Meet, as requested, with the Church Staff
We envision this as being a 12-15 hour/week job, starting in mid-May and running through late August. Our ideal candidate is a bilingual, certified teacher with experience in the primary grades, who is well organized, a good leader and coordinator of people and programs, and has skills and a willingness to staff our stewardship committee.
Our ideal candidate could expect to earn between $25 and $30/hour gross.
Rev. Dr. Arlene Nehring