Director of Youth Ministries, Countryside Community Church (Omaha, NE)
The Director of Youth Ministries will provide leadership and direction for the junior and senior high youth programs. This person will collaborate with church staff and adult volunteers to create a comprehensive and diverse faith based program, which will facilitate the students’ growth in a safe and secure environment. The Director will work to create opportunities for youth that foster a community, challenge their faith, and encourage them to grow together as individuals and as a community.
- Theologically conversant person of faith who understands and believes in the value of an inclusive, open and affirming intergenerational faith community
- Energetic and passionate in dealing with youth
- Experienced and sensitive in dealing with the emotional and developmental needs of youth
- Deals effectively with conflict
- Able to plan and lead youth programming, while building teams of adult volunteers to help support and run programs
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to work effectively with diverse leaders and members of a church congregation
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent relational skills; able to communicate one-on-one and in large groups with people of all ages
- Self-starter and self-motivator, able to work flexibly with both close and distant supervision
- Preferred Bachelor's or advanced degree in youth ministry, theological education, psychology, social work or education
This is a full-time position, 40-50 hours/week. To view the complete listing, click this link.
This listing is also viewable on this page: countrysideucc.org/about-us/our-staff/open-positions