Director of Children’s Ministries-South Bay
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a different kind of start-up in the South Bay. Silicon Valley Progressive Faith Community is a radically inclusive, deeply spiritual, unapologetically progressive faith community for the 21st Century. We are progressive Christians, agnostics and other people of conscience who want to live with purpose and joy in a community rooted in love. We are a church, if by church you mean a justice-seeking, peace-making, equality creating, Spirit-guided group of people. We are in search of someone who cares about using their gifts to transform the world.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will collaborate with our team to provide a safe, welcoming, nurturing experience for the children, teachers and parents of this newly forming community. We will provide training for you to set up and run a Montessori-based, imaginative learning environment for our children using a program called Godly Play. See www.godlyplayfoundation.org for more information.
Hours and Compensation
This position is part-time and will include preparation and planning as well as attendance on Sunday mornings. We plan to begin at 20 hours per month. The compensation is negotiable based upon experience. We hope to grow the position as our community grows. We are launching monthly services in January 2014.
- Sincere commitment to welcoming and nurturing children of all abilities, class, race, gender and sexual orientation
- Relevant teaching and leadership experience with children
- Ability to relate to and work with our children as well as our adult volunteers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Pass a fingerprint, TB test and background check as required by law
- CPR/First Aid certified (will train if necessary)
- Collaborate with our team to craft a children’s program from the ground up that matches the values of our community
- Coordinate and teach on Sunday Morning
- Develop and lead seasonal and special events including, but not limited to summer programs, Christmas program, special gatherings and intergenerational events
- Build strong relationships with teachers, students, parents, and community leaders that foster the children's commitment to growing, exploring and engaging the spiritual journey
- Recruit and train a willing and enthusiastic staff of volunteers
- Attend staff meetings and coordinate with leaders as necessary
- Report to the Founder
- Support the vision and mission of Silicon Valley Progressive Faith Community
Send a cover letter, resume and one paragraph about why you want this job to:
Posted Sept 03, 2013