Centennial United Methodist Church
Director of Youth and Young Adults - Part-Time
Centennial United Methodist Church, a multi-cultural congregation located in Sacramento, CA, is looking for a part-time Director of Youth and Young Adults. This position may be approached as a Field Education placement. If so, there are opportunities for learning beyond the posted responsibilities!
General Job Descriptions
Under the supervision of the Associate Pastor, the Director of Youth and Young Adults will assist in ministry, which includes worship, education, and some administrative planning and meeting responsibilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Select curriculum; teach curriculum, and recruit teachers
- Counseling and help youth deepen their discipleship
- Coordinate and facilitate mission-related activities, such as Sierra Service Project, Crop Walk and SSIP Food Closet.
- Coordinate and facilitate disciple-making related activities, such as confirmation class, youth lock-ins, summer conference camps and other annual conference youth programs.
- Christmas Pageant
- Coordinate and facilitate spiritual formation through bible study and worship
- Coordinate and facilitate social and mission outreach.
- Minimum age: 23 (Safe Sanctuary Requirements)
- Cross-Cultural Competency
- Licensed Driver
Monthly Stipend: TBD
Car Required?: Yes
5401 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822