Campus Pastor/Chaplain, Ecumenical House, San Francisco
CAMPUS PASTOR / CHAPLAIN at THE ECUMENICAL HOUSE, an ECUMENICAL CAMPUS MINISTRY in SAN FRANCISCO
- A strong Christ-centered faith and a willingness and ability to share that faith with others
- A commitment to social justice as the center of the Christian faith
- A willingness and ability to teach, preach and work with young adults who are spiritually seeking and/or un-churched
- An ability to work in partnerships with Board Members and student leadership teams
- An ability to be a "self-starter," to take initiative in building program and ministry
- A love of people and an ability to facilitate the formation of Christian community
- Provide pastoral care, spiritual formation, and sacramental and non-sacramental worship and devotions for students, faculty and staff at San Francisco colleges and universities –primarily San Francisco State University.
- Maintain and Guide the intentional Residential Christian Community of students.
- Create program ministries to serve the student body at San Francisco State University. (Students from City College, Academy of Art, and other San Francisco Universities are also welcomed and often become members.)
- Facilitate communications and outreach mechanisms such as newsletter, website, and other publicity efforts.
- Communicate with the appropriate University and College officials.
- Foster relationships with area congregations and judicatory offices.
- Support the Board of Directors in its fiscal responsibility to the ministry.
- Supervise any staff.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the ministry and property management
- Work with the Ecumenical House student president to maintain official organization status at SFSU
Please email résumés and references to: Chaplain[at]echouse[dot]org
Or mail to: Ecumenical House Campus Ministry,
attn. Search Committee
190 Denslowe Drive, San Francisco, CA 94132
(Receiving applications via email is preferred.)
Posted: April 9, 2014