Bookkeeper, Christian Layman Church
This position is responsible for managing most aspects of the accounting, human resources, and adherence to financial policies and procedures for Christian Layman Church. Salary range is competitive and based on experience and expertise.
• Payroll for church employees
• Month-end closing and variance analysis
• Database input
• Account analysis
• General ledger maintenance
• Bank reconciliations
• Journal entries
• Financial statements/reports
• Year end closing and analysis
• Accounts receivable analysis and invoicing
• Prepare contribution letters and statements for donors
• Administrative duties - typing, filing, faxing, phones, email
• An A.A degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Three or more years of accounting experience.
• Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills.
• Ability to manage all accounting functions.
• Develop and implement new accounting and office management processes.
• Familiarity with various accounting software applications.
• Experience with Quickbooks highly desirable.
• Prior non-profit experience highly desirable.
• Understanding of HR - 403(b) and benefits highly desirable
• Team player
• Organized and efficient.
• Creative, bright and a problem solver.
• Great personality with a “can do” attitude.
• Attentive to details, processes, planning and procedures.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong work ethic and high energy.
We will accept resumes until the position is filled. Interested and qualified individuals should send their cover letter with resume via mail or email to:
Posted: August 15, 2013