Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Salary Range: $43,000 -- $57,000 plus benefits
Type of Position: Full time, exempt
Deadline: 5pm, July 21, 2014
Under direction, this position provides responsible, complex and confidential clerical
and administrative support to the Executive Director and the Senior Minister of the
Oakland Center for Spiritual Living; directs and oversees a team of clerical
volunteers from the congregation; serves as the first point of contact for congregants,
visitors, guests and tradespeople; manages all of the functions of OCSL’s front
office; and performs related duties as assigned.
This position requires the use of discretion and the protection of confidential
information; initiative and independent judgment; strong interpersonal and written
communication skills; responsive and courteous service orientation; and the ability to
set and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while handling frequent
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university; or five years’ experience
performing progressively responsible and complex administrative and customer
relation duties; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Scope of Knowledge
General administrative principles; advanced computer and internet skills, including
Microsoft Office Suite and Fellowship One or similar church management software;
basic skills and experience with website maintenance, graphic design, and social
The ideal candidate is familiar with and applies the spiritual principles of Religious
Science of related New Thought beliefs.
Duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, responding courteously, promptly and with accuracy to inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Order and monitor the inventory of supplies for all OCSL functions and services.
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for weekly Sunday services, including the Sunday program, announcements, bulletin inserts, PowerPoint slides, photos, affirmations, fliers, etc.
- Prepare and maintain the information on OCSL’s website and social media outlets.
- Prepare and release OCSL communication to members and friends via Constant Contact or other contact software program(s).
- Ensure the upkeep and proper use of all office equipment and systems such as copiers, faxes, telephones, and computers.
- Recruit, train and provide support, oversight and acknowledgement to a team of volunteers who regularly and reliably perform basic clerical duties such as filing, copying, collating, preparing mass mailings, putting together binders, etc.
- Create and maintain efficient, coordinated and cross-referenced filing systems for front office operations, the Director and the Senior Minister.
Work with the Executive Director and the Senior Minister to coordinate
requests and approvals for the use and/or rental of OCSL facilities, including:
- assigning rooms;
- managing rental agreements and payments;
- maintaining the comprehensive OCSL calendar of events; ensuring the provision of requested supplies, and room set up, and;
- acting as the liaison between event contractors/facility renters and OCSL staff and participants.
Support the Executive Director and the Senior Minister by:
- scheduling appointments and maintaining their calendars as requested;
- making travel arrangements as requested;
- making bank deposits as requested;
- handling mail, ensuring the Executive Director and Senior Minister are alerted to time-sensitive or priority matters requiring their attention;
- creating and maintaining tickler file systems that keep their priorities on schedule until completion or resolution; ensuring that all personnel, contractor and volunteer records, including invoices and reimbursements, are tracked and in order;
- tracking and documenting Practitioner service and license renewal requirements in coordination with the Senior Minister, Practitioner Leads, and Centers for Spiritual Living Headquarters staff.
OCSL is an equal opportunity employer