Summer Facilities Workers
Work includes painting, cleaning, furniture moving, grounds maintenance and basic maintenance. Work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. [The work can be strenuous, but we have fun getting it done.]
Come work for us and see another side of the PSR campus!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All positions are physically demanding.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs required
• Dependable and responsible
• Ability to climb stairs
• Ability to push and pull various types of tools
• Ability to reach above your head, below waist and at arms’ length
• Ability to bend and stoop.
• Good verbal skills to communicate with other team members, faculty, staff and students.
• Hearing - ability to hear verbal communications, to carry on conversations, and hear co-workers and power equipment.
• Pushing/Pulling - ability to push/pull of tools.
• Kneeling/Squatting - ability to remain in a kneeling/squatting position sometimes for long periods of time.
• Standing - ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Walking - ability to walk around entire campus, including up and down stairs with heavy loads.
• Bending - ability to bend and stand up safely with a heavy load.
• Climbing - ability to climb ladders.
• Driving - of PSR truck
• Reaching - ability to reach above shoulder, below shoulder and at arms’ length.
• Manual Dexterity - ability to use various tools
Hours per week: 35
Date job is to begin: early June 2015 and run through mid-August 2015
Hourly rate: $10.00
Preferred workdays: five days a week (Monday through Friday from 8 am – 4 pm)
Obtain an application at the PSR reception
Any questions, contact Terry at 510-849-8254 ext. 3
Deadline: April 24, 2015 - with hiring decisions made shortly thereafter