Gathering the Beloved Community: Voices of Faith for the Public Square
January 24–26, 2006
What is the meaning and potential of progressive Christianity? What streams of theology and practice does it bring together? How can progressive Christian movements attain greater visibility in national public life? Who speaks for progressive Christianity?
Attendance at Earl Lectures and Pastoral Conference
Almost one thousand, including 450 who registered for the Pastoral Conference workshops
Earl Lecturers and Preachers
- James Forbes, senior minister at the Riverside Church in New York City — lecture and sermon
- Diane Winston, Knight Chair in Media and Religion at the University of Southern California — lecture
- Hubert Locke, former trustee and acting president of PSR and dean emeritus of the Graduate School of Public Affairs at the University of Washington — lecture
- Delwin Brown, dean emeritus of PSR — lecture
- Kwok Pui Lan, William F. Cole Professor of Christian Theology and Spirituality at Episcopal Divinity School — sermon
- Panel discussion organized by PSR's PANA Institute, "Asian American Voices of Faith for the Public Square," with Kwok Pui Lan; Doreen Der-McLeod, executive director of Donalinda Cameron House; David K. Yoo, associate professor of history at Claremont McKenna College; and Fumitaka Matsuoka, PSR professor of theology and PANA Institute executive director
- 30 Pastoral Conference workshops by leaders in the progressive Christian movement
- Launch of Progressive Christian Witness initiative
- Four distinguished PSR alumni/ae honored at alumni/ae banquet
Listen to the Lectures
- Order audiocassettes and CDs through the website of Conference Recording Services or call them at 800/647-1110 or 510/527-3600.
- Listen to recordings in PSR's online audio library.
For more information, please contact the Earl Lectures Conference Office at 510/849-8274 or download the conference program book in PDF format.