Community Association of PSR (CAPSR)
What is CAPSR?
The Community Association of PSR (CAPSR) is made up of the whole PSR student community. All students registered in PSR programs and their partners and families are CAPSR members. The Association's activities, events, and programs are spearheaded by CAPSR Council.
CAPSR Council’s mission is to serve as the organizing and facilitating body within the PSR community by:
- facilitating communication between various members of the PSR community: particularly among students and between students and PSR's administration, faculty, staff and Board;
- strengthening the bonds between members of the PSR community through community oriented activities and events;
- encouraging learning and enrichment outside the classroom by empowering students to take action in seeking knowledge, community building, and problem solving;
- advocating for cooperative solutions to members' questions, suggestions, and concerns. CAPSR council seeks to foster the creation of an intentional community of mutuality and respect through modeling the practice of open and non-violent communication, and honoring the diverse gifts and contributions of the PSR community.
CAPSR Council meets regularly and oversees the activities and concerns of CAPSR. Meetings are open to the community. Council Members for the academic year will be confirmed in September. There are still positions open. Click here for more information about roles and nomination process.
The Council also assists in the selection of students to represent CAPSR on the school's faculty, trustee, and other administrative committees, and provides a student voice in campus issues and policy decisions. New Student Representatives will be solicited by early September.
What does CAPSR Council Do?
1. GRANTS FOR STUDENT GROUPS: Each year CAPSR also allocates a certain portion of CAPSR fees for student group grants. Student groups must be registered, and must apply in the beginning of the semester to be considered for a grant. Refer to the Student Group Grant Request for details and grant limits, through the link below, which is a downloadable PDF. CAPSR also provides small travel assistance grants for students attending conferences that will offer benefit not just to the student but to the larger community.
Click here to see the 2014-2015 CAPSR Student Groups
2. EVENTS: Stregthen the bonds between members of the PSR community through community-oriented activities and events.
What that looks like in any given semester varies, of course. Examples include town hall meetings, Winterfeast Holiday Dinner, End of the Schoolyear BBQ, Spring Prom, Spouse/Partner appreciation and Community Service Project.
3. LOGOS NEWSLETTER: Historically, CAPSR Council has overseen the publication and distribution of LOGOS, the student newsletter of PSR. Look for announcements inviting contributions to LOGOS for the Summer/Fall editions.