Building and Facilities Care Guidelines
Security & Facility Care Guidelines
[obtain codes from the Office of Community Life or Office of Academic Affairs]
Access to the Mudd Building, the Computer Lab, TV Lounge, D’Autremont & the PSR Chapel is provided as a PSR community benefit. In order to ensure that the PSR community enjoys that intended benefit, it is necessary for all users to participate in observing a few security and facility care guidelines.
- All facility users must acquire the necessary codes from Community Life Office (student/PSR-affiliation I.D. must be presented at the time the code requested is made)
- All users must sign an “Accountability Covenant” indicating agreements to NOT SHARE the codes with others.
- Access to codes should NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE (this is redundant, but absolutely bears repeating).
- Users are also asked not to admit person who have “left their codes at home” and/or cannot present adequate identification to show they are authorized users of the facilities.
- Users are asked to ensure that the facility door has closed completely upon leaving the building.
- PSR Chapel: The code numbers to the chapel door near the outside bathroom maybe used when the doors are looked before 8 am and after 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Space need to be reserved. Students who reserve the space the space have priority over those who do not.
- Computer Lab Basic Rules: Since we don’t have a paid staff to guard the space, please help enforce the rules below by reminding those who are using the computer lab about the rules.
WHO GETS TO USE THE COMPUTER LAB
Only PSR students are allowed in the space. This includes PhD & MA officially affiliated with PSR.
(1) No loud (or distracting) music or conversations.
(2) No cell phone conversations.
(3) No food or drinks.
**Remember, this is an academic work space. Everyone must treat the computer lab just like a library. Please be respectful towards those who are working.
(1) Never prop the door for any reason.
(2) Never open the door to those without a code (that is, do not open when they knock). ON USE OF COMPUTERS
(1) Do not plug personal laptops into wired network in the computer lab.
(2) Use your own USB flash to save personal files. Do not save personal files to PSR computers.
(3) Username & Passwords for computers are posted at each computer
Contact I.T. Support Phone: 849-8262, or dial 1262 or 1204 E-mail: techsupport[at]psr[dot]edu Website: http://techsupport.psr.edu/
VACUUMING ON FRIDAY EVENINGS
On Friday evenings the lab will be vacuumed around 9 pm. You may leave or remain in the lab during time of the vacuuming.