Pacific School of Religion is now accepting applications for our 2016-17 Changemaker Fellows Program! We seek leaders who are working towards justice and equality, and who want to more deeply connect spirituality and social transformation in our local, national, and global communities. Changemakers express a deep commitment to addressing issues of racism and privilege, and demonstrate both cultural humility and a strong vocational interest in working for systemic social change.
The 2016-17 Changemaker Fellowship will provide scholarships that will cover between 50% and 100% of tuition for PSR’s Certificate of Spirituality and Social Change, an immersive course of study, integrating theological reflection and spiritual formation with leadership for social change. The scholarships also cover expenses for exciting immersion opportunities, leadership training, spiritual formation, and faculty mentoring.
Applications received be February 15 will receive priority consideration.
In this year-long program, Changemaker Fellows will:
- Integrate formative theological study with a deeper understanding of their vocations as social change leaders or Changemakers;
- Develop a greater understanding of transformative leadership practices and how to integrate these practices into their own social change work;
- Take part in a variety of offerings including cohort and immersion learning experiences, faculty mentorship, and regular group meetings for engaged theological reflection and spiritual formation;
- Enjoy a richly diverse learning experience while enriching the entire PSR community with their unique perspectives, skills, and gifts;
- Earn the Certificate in Spirituality and Social Change. Partial- to full-tuition scholarships are available for this program. This is a full-time, 9-month program beginning in the fall and ending in the spring.
Pacific School of Religion is a community of diverse and creative individuals who are committed to living as members of a global network of “Changemakers” moved by the spirit of the Gospel. We look forward to welcoming the 2016-17 Changemaker Fellows to join us in this exciting venture.