A Special Welcome for Parents
Worship and Special Events • Logistics • CEUs • Sponsorship/Vendor Tables
New Workshop Tracks: Mental Health Professionals & Social Workers • Parents
Dr. Margaret A. Farley | Dr. Stephanie Coontz | Rev. Miguel De La Torre | Rev. Barbara Essex
For the past 111 years, the Earl Lectures and Leadership Conference has provided cutting edge public education. Our lecturers have been activists, scholars, educators, historians, authors, activists, and faith leaders including Theodore Roosevelt, Elie Wiesel, Howard Thurman, Maya Angelou, Paul Tillich, Alice Walker, and Robert Reich.
This year we extend a special invitation to parents.
Why should you consider attending the Earl Lectures and Leadership Conference?
- Choose from a selection of more than 30 workshops, keynote lectures, and clinical practice sessions taught by scholars, activists, social workers, educators, and nationally known theologians.
- Network with progressive nonprofit leaders, educators, counselors, social workers, scholars, activists, parents and clergy who work at the intersection of faith and family.
- Learn ways to integrate progressive Christian (and other!) spiritual practices and ethics into your family life.
- Get a Discount! Register before November 30 and pay only $175!
Session Topics Include:
- Dr. Stephanie Coontz: For Better AND Worse: The Revolution in Personal Life and Intimate Relationships
- The Rev. Dr. Miguel A. De La Torre: Focus on the Undocumented Family
- Dr. Margaret A. Farley: Family Matters: Justice and Hope
- Wendy Atkins-Pattenson and Rev. Rachel Bauman: Parenting From our Authentic Selves
- Rev. Adam Blons: Practical Spiritual Practices for Families
- Rev. Lizann Bassham: Creating Ritual for the Life Cycles of Families
- Rev. Roland Stringfellow: Working with Families of Color on LGBT Acceptance
- Dr. Annette Mahoney: Shattered Sacred Vows: Recognizing and Helping when Divorce is a Spiritual Trauma
- Zachary Norris, Esq: Families Unlocking Futures: Solutions to the Crisis in Juvenile Justice
- Dr. Jon Berquist: From Kinship to the Family of God: Families in Biblical Imagination
- Rev. Lauren Van Ham: Working with Multi-Faith Families
- Rev. Carol Luther: From Mistaken Literalism to Spiritual Transformation (or: What do Indian Tales, Dreams, The Quest for the Holy Grail, Bird Migrations and Economics all have in common?
And many more!
To register: http://www.regonline.com/earllectures